There is considerable controversy on the subject of
aphrodisiacs. Many believe it’s only a myth, while others are sure
about their stimulating and almost “magical” power.
An aphrodisiac is any substance that supposedly increases sexual appetite. The word “aphrodisiac” refers to Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love. The role of aphrodisiacs is to stimulate one or more of your senses. They may be taken as drinks or solid food.
According to different studies, some of the foods that can be considered as aphrodisiacs are:
• Asparagus: Vitamin E is thought to stimulate sexual hormones.
• Hot chili: According to some researchers, eating chili causes the release of endorphins, also known as “hormones of happiness.”
• Chocolate: Contains phenylethylamine, which apparently triggers feelings similar to “being in love.” If you eat it in moderation, it may be part of your weight loss diet.
• Oysters: Contain large amounts of zinc, which increase testosterone production. Testosterone, in turn, stimulates sexual desire.
• Strawberries and raspberries: The perfect fruits for a romantic celebration. In addition, they contain vitamin C.
• Carrots: Their large amount of beta-carotene helps to increase sexual hormones.
• Gingseng: Believed to stimulate sexual vigor.
There are many ways to prepare these foods to create a delicious aphrodisiac dish. Here are some healthy recipes containing these foods:
• Asparagus Dip
• Cabbage and Carrot Salad
• Strawberry Shake
• Pears with chocolate kisses
Enjoy these delicious recipes with your significant other and always remember the most powerful aphrodisiac is love.
© 2017 HolaDoctor