To follow a healthy diet, you can eat from all food groups,
but there are certain foods that will help you reduce the calories
in your diet plan and therefore achieve your weight loss goal. Here
are ten essential foods to follow your diet.
1. Skim milk:Skim milk contains the same amount of protein, vitamins and minerals as whole milk, but unlike the latter, contains no fat, which makes this a better option for your diet plan since it has fewer calories. If you’re lactose intolerant, you can replace it with a lactose free version or soy milk fortified with calcium and vitamin D.
2. Fresh vegetables:Vegetables are good sources of vitamins, minerals, fiber and many other nutrients and antioxidants. Make sure to use different vegetables to prepare salads or to combine with your favorite recipes.
3. Fruits:Fruits are an excellent choice as a snack or even as a dessert. Choose fresh fruit instead of canned, since the latter contains sugar and high-sodium additives. The more colors among the fruits you choose the greater variety of vitamins and nutrients you’ll get.
4. Whole wheat breakfast cereal:Perhaps you think a complete breakfast involves plenty of food. The truth is a breakfast consisting of cereal, milk and fruit can be very complete and nourishing. Choose low-sugar, high-fiber cereals.
5. Lean meats:You may choose beef, chicken, fish (for example, tuna) or soy meat if you’re vegetarian. The important thing is that you include a good source of protein that is also low in fat. Also remember that the cooking method you use will define to a large extent how healthy the recipe will turn out.
6. Low-fat cheese and ham:Cheese and ham, besides being delicious, are useful ingredients for quick and easy preparations. By choosing low-fat versions, you’ll be reducing the amount of saturated fat in your diet, as well as the calories. Use these ingredients to make sandwiches, wraps, Mexican tortillas, or to accompany other recipes, like pasta or salads.
7. Olive oil:Olive oil contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. In addition, it can be served cold with salads. If you combine it with balsamic vinegar, you’ll get a delicious vinaigrette.
8. Herbs and spices:Are an excellent alternative to enhance the flavor of your meals.
9. Nonstick cooking spray:It will be useful to minimize the amount of oil you use when preparing your favorite recipes.
10. Artificial sweeteners:Use them to sweeten your drinks… guilt free!
© 2017 HolaDoctor