Choosing a good gift is not always easy, especially if you want to make a very good impression with the person who will receive it. Follow these tips to pick the perfect gift this Christmas:
- Put yourself in the shoes of the person you’re getting the gift for.Instead of thinking: "What would I like to get?" think more about the other person (his/her tastes, hobbies, and characteristics). This way, you won’t end up buying something only you’dlike.
- Buy something that you know the other person wouldn’t buy.If you know it’s something he/she would like to have, but probably wouldn’t buy because it isn’t essential—but rather a craving or a whim—your gift will be much more special.
- Evaluate your budget.Plan ahead how much you're willing to spend on the gift. Choose the type of present depending on your relationship with the person to whom you’ll give it. Make sure the gift is neither too ostentatious or something to be kept in the closet.
- Try to be more innovative.Societies have taught us to give women cooking utensils, kitchenware, or home supplies, while men get tools and car accessories. But, why not think about something more personal and innovative?
- Add excitement!Think of a unique way to present your gift, like hiding it in a secret place and making a “hint map” or wrapping it creatively (based on the personality of who will receive it). You don’t need to spend too much money on this… just use your imagination. The outer appearance of a gift is also important, so be creative!
Every time one of your relatives or friends mentions something he/she would like to have, write it down on the back of your agenda. This way, you’ll certainly surprise them with your Christmas presents!
© 2017 HolaDoctor