Summer is here, it's warm, our children are home on break from school, our friends invite us to their homes, and relatives come and visit. Summer presents us with numerous temptations that make it seem impossible to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but it really isn’t if you keep a few things in mind.
Take advantage of all the opportunities you have to achieve the health goals you have set for yourself. Below, you will find some useful tips to keep you motivated and healthy this summer:
- During these sunny days, get your familyinvolved with your goals. Play with your kids in the park, in the pool, on the tennis court, or anywhere else you can be active with them.
- When you are invited to a barbecue at a friend or neighbor's house, offer to bring the salad. Prepare your salad with lots of fresh vegetables, and add a low-fat dressing to control calories.
- Make the best of seasonal fruits, such as papaya and kiwi. Cool down with a fruit salad that will provide you with a variety of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Always carry a bottle of cold water with you to keep yourself hydratedand cool, especially if you are going to be outside for extended periods of time, or working out.
- Go for a picnic at the park or camping with your family. Bring a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, water, and prepare some sandwichesor grill some chicken breasts. Always serve them along healthy choices, such as salads.
- Prepare easy, original, healthy and cool recipes, such as gazpacho (cold spanish soup), and serve them with fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains -such as whole-grain rice or wheat-, lean meat, and low-fat frozen yogurt.
Remember these simple tips and enjoy this summer to the max. Now, what are you waiting for? Go out and enjoy this beautiful summer day!
© 2016 HolaDoctor