Planning to cook, but don't have a recipe? Now you can use your imagination in the kitchen! MyDiet teaches you healthy cooking, even without a recipe. Read on and learn what ingredients to choose, how to cook them, and the best way to combine them. Go ahead and surprise your family, friends, and even yourself.
Preparing a delicious and healthy meal is as simple as combining three or four food groups, limiting the amount of fat when preparing them, and using your imagination with the seasonings.
Follow these steps and, within seconds, you'll become an expert in the kitchen.
- Choose high-quality ingredients.
- When it comes to fruits and vegetables, choose the ones in season. They will have a better flavor and texture, and will be more inexpensive.
- Prefer white meat (like chicken, turkey, fish, and seafood) because it has less fat than red meat.
- If you want to make a preparation with red meat, choose lean cuts, such as loin and round.
- You can also replace meats with tofu or low-fat cheese.
- In every meal you prepare, make sure to include: a type of meat, vegetables or fruit, and a starch. This way, you’ll manage to follow a balanced diet.
- To prepare meats, use any of the following cooking methods: steam, cook in low-fat and low-sodium chicken broth, grill, or cook in a tomato sauce (red or green).
- Next, move on to the starch. Choose from rice, pasta, beans, chickpeas, lentils, barley, sweet corn, potato or sweet potato.
- If you make rice, add more flavor by boiling it in low-fat and low-sodium chicken broth instead of water.
- Combine the meat and starch you prepared with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables. Use olive oil, vinegar, or lime juice, as well as salt and pepper with your vegetables.
- You can use all kinds of spices and herbs, natural tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes and onions, hot sauce, or mustard to add flavor to your meals, without adding extra calories or fat.
- Here are some examples:
- Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, and a tomato salad.
- Fish in tomato sauce with white rice and boiled broccoli
- Pasta with shrimp, tomato sauce, and grilled zucchini.
- Roasted beef with chopped onions and tomatoes, baked potatoes, and a green salad with dried fruit.
- Chicken broth with vegetables, tofu, and chickpeas.
© 2017 HolaDoctor