After a long day at work, studying, doing house chores, taking care of the kids, or when you're simply feeling tired of your daily routine, it is a challenge sometimes, to muster up the energy to go to the gym and workout.
Becaue of this, a great option is to spend some money on exercise equipment for a home gym.
First you need to commit to improving your overall health and well-being, and not just focus on losing weight. This will allow you to expand your goals and also motivate you to make long-term lifestyle changes.
Experts of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) assure that “People’s most common New Year's resolution is to lose weight. However, it shouldn’t be just that. It should be about improving their overall physical condition, and weight loss is only one part of this.”
To stay motivated, try to follow some of these tips:
1. Get a physical activity assessment.A physical activity assessment, done by a trained professional, will help you to establish your individual goals. For example, they will help you identify which things you need to focus on more, such as improving your flexibility or cardiovascular capacity. Make sure to consult with your physician to verify that your new routine is appropriate for you and is customized to meet your personal needs.
2. Buy the right exercise equipment.Don’t buy something that will end up hiding in your closet. Choose equipment that is appealing to you, so you will want to use it. Add a couple of weights and, speaking of weights…
3. Be creative.Do you have a can of soup in your kitchen? If so, then you just found a great hand weight! You will be amazed at how many handy resources you have around your house that can be used as weights.
4. Get used to outdoor activities too.There are many healthy and fun activities for every season that can be practiced outdoors. Walking, running, basketball, soccer, tennis, canoeing, walking with snowshoes, cross country skiing, and even throwing snowballs with your children are all very good ways of making exercise part of your daily life.
5. Invite a friend.Exercising at home doesn’t have to be a solitary activity. You can take turns on the treadmill with a friend, while you catch up on the week’s news.
6. Keep in mind that weight loss doesn’t happen overnight. Expecting to lose one to two pounds (450 to 900 grams) per week is realistic. Keep in mind that it will take some time before you see significant results. Instead of just focusing on the numbers on the scale, pay attention to how your clothes feel, how your heart rate decreases when you are resting, and how your overall energy increases.
7. Don’t miss the news.You can put your new equipment in the living room and enjoy your favorite TV show while you exercise. This way, you won’t feel like you are losing leisure time while exercising.
© 2015 HolaDoctor