Having a stationary bike, a treadmill, or an elliptical trainer at home is a great idea if you wish to exercise without going out.
When you have a home gym, you can be sure to get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day, which is easy to fit into almost anyone’s schedule. At the same time, it gives you the chance to exercise while watching your favorite TV shows, reading a book, or listening to music.
Activities using the machines mentioned above are called aerobic exercises. Not only do aerobic exercises help you lose weight, but they also get your heart rate up, helping to make your heart and lungs stronger. Regular physical activity can help decrease your risk for developing some chronic diseases, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes.
If you are thinking about buying a home gym or exercise equipment, consider the following recommendations:
- Ask the salesperson to explain to you all of the machine’s features so that you can take full advantage of everything it has to offer.
- If you are just beginning an exercise program, start by exercising 15 minutes 3 times per week, and increase the duration progressively. Add 5 more minutes each week. Aim for 30-minute sessions. Once you have achieved this, you can then add one more day to your routine.
- Start with a low difficulty level and increase it progressively.
- Remember to drink plenty of water before, during, and after exercising.
- If it is difficult for you to get 30 minutes of exercise at one time, consider breaking it up into two sessions: half during the morning and half at night.
- If you suffer from any medical conditions, consult your physician before starting any exercise program.
Remember that to start a healthy lifestyle, you also need to follow a balanced diet, like the one we offer at MyDiet™.
© 2017 HolaDoctor